DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the Bundoora handles are legendary, but Turnz aint going anywhere! On a further note, I have not been in the loop much in regards to Search in the off season but did hear of them picking a couple of handy recruits from Melbourne and Ivanhoe (Apart from AD).
Rumour is the search have had disgusting numbers to training? 3,3 and 4 people at their first 3 sessions? So they may have big recruits but they aren't turning up!

Also heard that A.Dale has said that he will not be training any night at all. Is it really worth having a bloke at your club that does that? You would hope that the Ex Australian player would be there teaching your kids!

I think you`ll find that he won`t be training every night, but will certainly be training. As for teaching kids, he will be doing what he did last year and running weekly sessions for no charge that will be open to kids of all levels and clubs. Not sure on the training numbers, but fair to say that we have never had big numbers for the indoor sessions for as long as I can remember. This year in particular is probably worse due to the 5.30 start times at Maddocks, which alot of guys struggle to get to but that was the only time available. I think it might be fair to say Tongs that the Eltham faithfull are still a bit dirty that Adam chose to play at Search instead of taking the 15k on offer at Eltham:D Out of interest Tongs, if Adam had decided to play at Eltham but could not train, would you have said thanks but no thanks?

I think you`ll find that he won`t be training every night, but will certainly be training. As for teaching kids, he will be doing what he did last year and running weekly sessions for no charge that will be open to kids of all levels and clubs. Not sure on the training numbers, but fair to say that we have never had big numbers for the indoor sessions for as long as I can remember. This year in particular is probably worse due to the 5.30 start times at Maddocks, which alot of guys struggle to get to but that was the only time available. I think it might be fair to say Tongs that the Eltham faithfull are still a bit dirty that Adam chose to play at Search instead of taking the 15k on offer at Eltham:D Out of interest Tongs, if Adam had decided to play at Eltham but could not train, would you have said thanks but no thanks?

So he will be training? I have heard otherwise. How many of the sessions has he been to so far? As for you not being sure about training numbers, I just told you what they were. Yes I agree the 530 time slot is shit, but what about your younger guys that don't work? 3 and 4 people is embarrassing!

As for ECC and Adam Dale, i know we spoke to him last year but we didn't speak to him this year. So I don't know where the 15k figure would come from. I would have liked him at the club, I think he would be great to have around all players but especially the juniors. But my personal opinion is that no person should get paid that says "I don't train". We all know you may need to miss some here and there. That happens for a number of reasons, but to not train at all, and being paid $20k like Research are, is a joke!

I would have thought you could up Glenny Turner's payments for being loyal over the years and TRAINING. Maybe you could have kept Tags as well. Although maybe Tags just wanted to do something on a Tuesday and Thursday night, so he went to a club that trains.

Yeah we chatted to Ponting and Lee but when they said they could only train now and then we had to knock them back.

You know, all the winning would have been fun but you have to train especially when all you have done is represent Australia....

;)

So he will be training? I have heard otherwise. How many of the sessions has he been to so far? As for you not being sure about training numbers, I just told you what they were. Yes I agree the 530 time slot is shit, but what about your younger guys that don't work? 3 and 4 people is embarrassing!

As for ECC and Adam Dale, i know we spoke to him last year but we didn't speak to him this year. So I don't know where the 15k figure would come from. I would have liked him at the club, I think he would be great to have around all players but especially the juniors. But my personal opinion is that no person should get paid that says "I don't train". We all know you may need to miss some here and there. That happens for a number of reasons, but to not train at all, and being paid $20k like Research are, is a joke!

I would have thought you could up Glenny Turner's payments for being loyal over the years and TRAINING. Maybe you could have kept Tags as well. Although maybe Tags just wanted to do something on a Tuesday and Thursday night, so he went to a club that trains.

Ahh Tongs, you know I admire your passion and I look forward to you representing ECC on the radio show this year:) He was offered 15k last year to play at ECC, perhaps you missed that meeting. 20k at search? I don`t think so, Adam has always stated that he would play at Search for nothing. Turnz gets looked after very nicely! Tags is Tags and no one at Research begrudges him for seeking a change of scenery, I`m sure he`ll finish at Search. As for your previous comments re training attendances, perhaps I could direct you to our FB page where our training co-ordinator wrote that training numbers were excellent during the week and we have a praccy match scheduled for Sep 24 v Plenty. Anyway, hows things at Eltham? Mark Minney been offered more money for his years of loyalty?:)

Ahh Tongs, you know I admire your passion and I look forward to you representing ECC on the radio show this year:) He was offered 15k last year to play at ECC, perhaps you missed that meeting. 20k at search? I don`t think so, Adam has always stated that he would play at Search for nothing. Turnz gets looked after very nicely! Tags is Tags and no one at Research begrudges him for seeking a change of scenery, I`m sure he`ll finish at Search. As for your previous comments re training attendances, perhaps I could direct you to our FB page where our training co-ordinator wrote that training numbers were excellent during the week and we have a praccy match scheduled for Sep 24 v Plenty. Anyway, hows things at Eltham? Mark Minney been offered more money for his years of loyalty?:)

Surely I could get a more regular gig on there as the rumour correspondent or something of the like? :p It might spice it up a little, and when there are no rumours, i'll just make them up.I'll call my segment "Tongs' Tales". Maybe the 15k was for Dale, I thought thats what they were offering me. I should listen more carefully in the future. As much as I believe most of what you say, you're sounding like the peanut from Plenty when you say that he is not being paid a cent. Just like Plenty don't pay anyone. I know Turns gets paid well, we offered him 20k and he knocked it back cos he said you guys pay him more :D Must be a lot of money up at the search this year. I would be honoured to read your FB page, send me the link and i will eagerly read it. But when he says "excellent" does that mean 10 turned up?

As for Eltham, you all know I will back them till the fat lady (CowCorner) sings. But I am 100% serious when I say this has been the most exciting start to any season I have had. The mood is outstanding, some new big sponsors on board, all recruits are training, had a few walk ins from various places, massive numbers at training and everyone keen. I have known Skips for years and this is the most keen I have ever seen him, I think he just wants to make a 200 against someone haha. As for his financial situation, he has always pretty much got whatever he has asked for. Luckily for us, he loves the club so much he doesn't ask for much.

Just out of interest..... Anyone read page 2 of todays Herald Sun?

I may be fat but I can lose weight (currently around 25kg since last season.......

You will always be a w*n*ker.

:D:D:D

Masturbation is a very good stress relief CowCorner.

As for the comments, I think the article says enough. A very sad situation for all involved.

he is coaching my club :(

Has he kept his job?

Or did the paper's decision not to name him mean TU don't have leg to stand on in regards to dismissal?

If all the here-say and innuendo doing the rounds of the DVCA about who this "serial pest" is is true, I personally wouldn't want him at my club.

I wouldn't want to play under him and I definately wouldn't want my kids being mentored, etc by a bloke of his ilk.

Confirmed last night at EGM that St Francis will be merging with Old Paradians. Club will now be known as Old Paradians St Francis (or "The Brothers" for short). Vote went 50 odd to 2 in favour of the merger. Pitch will go in Garvey Oval next week ready for Round 1.
Club has decided against entering a womens netball team, however they will form a Gospel Choir. Hallelujah and Amen!

Confirmed last night at EGM that St Francis will be merging with Old Paradians. Club will now be known as Old Paradians St Francis (or "The Brothers" for short). Vote went 50 odd to 2 in favour of the merger. Pitch will go in Garvey Oval next week ready for Round 1.
Club has decided against entering a womens netball team, however they will form a Gospel Choir. Hallelujah and Amen!

a new ground and good luck to them, little curious which two of there members voted against moving......those two must rent that marquee too the club!!!!!!!!!!!

new ground, from what i have heard apart from the coach no new players, will just miss out on finals.

Surely I could get a more regular gig on there as the rumour correspondent or something of the like? :p It might spice it up a little, and when there are no rumours, i'll just make them up.I'll call my segment "Tongs' Tales". Maybe the 15k was for Dale, I thought thats what they were offering me. I should listen more carefully in the future. As much as I believe most of what you say, you're sounding like the peanut from Plenty when you say that he is not being paid a cent. Just like Plenty don't pay anyone. I know Turns gets paid well, we offered him 20k and he knocked it back cos he said you guys pay him more :D Must be a lot of money up at the search this year. I would be honoured to read your FB page, send me the link and i will eagerly read it. But when he says "excellent" does that mean 10 turned up?

As for Eltham, you all know I will back them till the fat lady (CowCorner) sings. But I am 100% serious when I say this has been the most exciting start to any season I have had. The mood is outstanding, some new big sponsors on board, all recruits are training, had a few walk ins from various places, massive numbers at training and everyone keen. I have known Skips for years and this is the most keen I have ever seen him, I think he just wants to make a 200 against someone haha. As for his financial situation, he has always pretty much got whatever he has asked for. Luckily for us, he loves the club so much he doesn't ask for much.

Just out of interest..... Anyone read page 2 of todays Herald Sun?

This would be the highlight of the show everyweek.

'RECRUITS/OVERSEAS'

Season fast approaching in Australia, you feel your side is lacking that one thing to take your side places??
Well here it is!!!!...............having developed a repaw with alot of clubs through out the UK and Australia i am pleased to be able to help clubs find that missing cog they need!!
I have a whole list of Uk players across all levels ready to come to your club and make a difference, don't fear for cost or a lack of time left..........there are players who are ready to depart asap!!

For more info contact me at playersabroad@hotmail.com

'RECRUITS/OVERSEAS'

Season fast approaching in Australia, you feel your side is lacking that one thing to take your side places??
Well here it is!!!!...............having developed a repaw with alot of clubs through out the UK and Australia i am pleased to be able to help clubs find that missing cog they need!!
I have a whole list of Uk players across all levels ready to come to your club and make a difference, don't fear for cost or a lack of time left..........there are players who are ready to depart asap!!

For more info contact me at playersabroad@hotmail.com

With spelling like this "repaw" (maybe rapport) I hope you're not doing their contracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back