ICC Champions Trophy 2009

ICC Champions Trophy 2009 - Winner

• Total voters
Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2009

just think if australia and england got to the finals.

already seen 7 of them this year!

Geez, South Africa will always find a way to choke at a major tournament.

India play Australia tonight in a cut-throat game. India must win to stay alive, Australia can almost sew up a finals spot with victory.

australia and india will always put up a good game. not as good without hayden and symonds to slaughter them though.

Doubt it. India should smash us if we turn in an effort like the one against the Windies. No Bracken and no Clarke will hurt.

Edit: Started already, Watson out for one after a weak pull shot off Ashish Nehra finds Harbhajan. 1/5 in the 4th.

4/234 off 42.4. Rain has stopped play though. Hussey made 67, Ponting 65 and Paine 56. Cam White will be the key when they do come back out, 35 not out off 30.

Nehra's been India's best bowler 1/38 off 8 with one maiden. Ishant Sharma still a massive spud too.

would have been a pretty good total that i dont think india would have chased down.

not having bracken would have made it hard though, its a big loss to not have him playing.
i think not having clarke is a good thing for the team. he would never be dropped so the other players have to take their chance and play their pants off and show the selectors that there are better options then clarke. i think white is better suited to that roll then him.

watson is doing well :p. an average of 0 after two games. lets see if he can get a hattrick of ducks!

Watson has already got the hattrick.

His last 4 innings: 0,0,0,4

WTF IS WRONG WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know he cant bat, but he is just not doing it??????

hattrick for the champions trophy i meant.

watson is always like that, ive watched him his whole career. he goes through a really strong patch where he wins games for the team, and then just as strong down patches. its just that he doesnt have normal form slumps. he goes into them and comes out really quickly. one innings will bring him back into form, even if he only scores 20. but since he such inconsistent lengths of time out of form selectors tend to leave him in the side because they know a big score is always around the corner within the next few matches. its always the way he has been.

whether that is good or bad for the team i dont know.

Injured Clarke to head home

The Australian vice-captain will return home from the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa due to a lower back injury

More...

Re: Injured Clarke to head home

England struggling early, 2/11 in the 5th over.

Bond and Mills are bowling well, assisted by a pitch which has a reasonable amount of movement so far. Collingwood and Shah both on three, Bond and Mills have a wicket each.

Good news for Australia, Clarke is off his game in the shorter forms of the game, you would think this would count him out of the Twenty20 captaincy, no point picking a captain with a serious injury, leave him out of the side and they may even need to keep him out of the ODIs, keep him for tests only

3/27 after 11 overs now. Collingwood on 14 with Morgan on 3.

Bong has 2/11.

Back