North A And B

It's funny how everyone continues to give Moonee Valley a real chance!! Truth is the only chance they have is if their import rips through Lavertons batting and even then it still might not be enough!! Teams don't go through a season undefeated because they are no good or lucky! They are very even across the board with swallow a standout!! If they played this game ten times Laverton would win nine but could this weekend be the one for Moonee Valley??? Doubt it!!

The other game you think St Albans on their ear huh?? Seems every finals campaign everyone says St Albans are certainties and here they are still certainties in North A again!! St Albans should win but certainties they are not! Saturday night will be interesting to see the scoreboard and see if they are choking again!!!

I love ur reasoning u have given and contradicted urself to a certain extent!!!
On one hand u doubting st albans ad other hand ur backing laverton to go on as they have had a fantastic season!!
They both should be Favourites but just remember its business end,,, just like last yr collingwood best team GEELONG has best September form on that basis MV. Other game depends a lot who bats first....

Still backing st albans too much pressure on broadie not enought support, too much pressure on swallow at laverton.

how many runs has milne made ??? i think they have about 4-5 guys on the same sort of total for the season.. i think they may scrap together 200 odd runs , if they bat 1st that will be plenty... batting second not so sure... team that bats 1st wins that game..

the other game , st albans will win it on there ear.... could be over on day 1 if they bowl 1st then we can spend the sunday watching the other semi
Mv have 3 plays all on close totals milne having made the most. I thinhak they have 4-5 players that are more than capable on making a big score and they seem to be in form. since there imports have arrived they seem to be a much better side. Lavo have gone from winning well with swallow making big scores to just winning games agains lower teams and swallow just doesnt seem to have the same form. Will he be good enough in the finals. lavo has also seemed to be troubled by a quick ie clutton and edrich. mv now have a quality quick that is quicker than both of these bowlers. i'm tipping mv for an upset over the undeafeated lavo.
EK is a big chance to win if brodie and arrowsmith both play well. I don't think st albans bat that well but clutton is capable of ripping through the EK batting attack. EK in a close one. good luck to all teams in the finals.

I love ur reasoning u have given and contradicted urself to a certain extent!!!
On one hand u doubting st albans ad other hand ur backing laverton to go on as they have had a fantastic season!!
They both should be Favourites but just remember its business end,,, just like last yr collingwood best team GEELONG has best September form on that basis MV. Other game depends a lot who bats first....

Still backing st albans too much pressure on broadie not enought support, too much pressure on swallow at laverton.

Fair to say there is a certain amount of contradiction there but you can understand what I am saying!! St Albans are not even across the board like Laverton are. Montebello and Langley Dunn are there best performed bats but no standouts though!! The rest really just make up the numbers!! Their standout is Clutton with the rest of their attack providing good backup for him. Bowling is clearly their strength!! I just feel the better team being Laverton warrants more talk about being certainties then St Albans does!!
The other thing is that Laverton seem to get it done this time of year and St Albans seem to go missing!!! Your thoughts??

Fair to say there is a certain amount of contradiction there but you can understand what I am saying!! St Albans are not even across the board like Laverton are. Montebello and Langley Dunn are there best performed bats but no standouts though!! The rest really just make up the numbers!! Their standout is Clutton with the rest of their attack providing good backup for him. Bowling is clearly their strength!! I just feel the better team being Laverton warrants more talk about being certainties then St Albans does!!
The other thing is that Laverton seem to get it done this time of year and St Albans seem to go missing!!! Your thoughts??

With finals, my guesses/thoughts haven't changed since the post below:

MV in an upset because of their imports.
St Albans because EK will rely a bit too much on Boradie.

North A and B 2010/11

http://www.bigcricket.com/community/threads/north-a-and-b-2010-11.53526/page-56#post-421635

It's funny how everyone continues to give Moonee Valley a real chance!! Truth is the only chance they have is if their import rips through Lavertons batting and even then it still might not be enough!! Teams don't go through a season undefeated because they are no good or lucky! They are very even across the board with swallow a standout!! If they played this game ten times Laverton would win nine but could this weekend be the one for Moonee Valley??? Doubt it!!

The other game you think St Albans on their ear huh?? Seems every finals campaign everyone says St Albans are certainties and here they are still certainties in North A again!! St Albans should win but certainties they are not! Saturday night will be interesting to see the scoreboard and see if they are choking again!!!
so in your 1st 26 words you agree with me !!!!
haha

good luck to all 4 teams both should be great games !!

Mv have 3 plays all on close totals milne having made the most. I thinhak they have 4-5 players that are more than capable on making a big score and they seem to be in form. since there imports have arrived they seem to be a much better side. Lavo have gone from winning well with swallow making big scores to just winning games agains lower teams and swallow just doesnt seem to have the same form. Will he be good enough in the finals. lavo has also seemed to be troubled by a quick ie clutton and edrich. mv now have a quality quick that is quicker than both of these bowlers. i'm tipping mv for an upset over the undeafeated lavo.
EK is a big chance to win if brodie and arrowsmith both play well. I don't think st albans bat that well but clutton is capable of ripping through the EK batting attack. EK in a close one. good luck to all teams in the finals.

Milne seems to have a tank issue, thats why he makes a lot of 30's & 40's. But he is capable of a big score ;)

North A1

laverton to beat MV
st albans to finally break tho semi final hoodoo over east keilor

North A2

st albans again there, are the lavo boys patient enough when it comes to else's pies?
taylors lakes to roll past werribee centrals

North B1

pascoe vale to beat west coburg. so who laughed at me at the start of the season, when i said pacoe will be the dark horse?
st francis to beat haig. thats a decision that might come back to haunt me..

North B2

st andrews to beat marby park
st francis to beat glenroy.

West B1

altona roosters on form to beat barkly st
seddon to beat kingsville.

West B2

seabrook to beat altona roosters
barkly st v seddon. tough game. seddon's best result against a top 4 side is a rained out draw. so leaning towards barkly st

Hoping the guys from EK can get up tomorrow. Been a few years since they last played finals. from what i hear the new coach has done a great job. The new ball could be the key i think.

Hoping the guys from EK can get up tomorrow. Been a few years since they last played finals. from what i hear the new coach has done a great job. The new ball could be the key i think.

Clutton versus Brodie. Best fast bowler versus the best bat!!
Doesn't the bowler usually win these battles??

St Albans are chokers!

I see they were 0/40 odd over night chasing 150 odd!! OMG is there a team that just can't get it done when it matters more than them? They spend big money year in and year out and always come up short!
They spend god knows how much to get Pizaro from Greenvale for 150 odd runs and 15 or so wickets!!! Money well spent not!!

Did anyone see the Laverton V Moonee Valley game???
Did Moonee Valley's import threaten at all?

Laverton must be just sitting back giggling that St Albans choked it up again.
They may aswell give them the flag now!
Is there any way East Keilor can make a game of it??

Congrats to West Coburg and St Francis in North B1 on making the Grand Final and both earning promotion to A1 next year. Finished 4th and 3rd respectively, both not buying players coming from the MMVCA and beating the clubs that did.

Did anyone see the Laverton V Moonee Valley game???
Did Moonee Valley's import threaten at all?

Laverton must be just sitting back giggling that St Albans choked it up again.
They may aswell give them the flag now!
Is there any way East Keilor can make a game of it??

I was there justwatching. The Import for MV can generate quite a lot of pace, but didnt bowl as quick on the 2nd day as he was on the 1st, but our guys did take a lot on the body off him and we done bloody well to prevent him from getting even one wicket, our young opening batsman done bloody well even though he only made 12, ended up getting out in the 30th over but he copped a couple of hits in the helmet and on the body, but he done his job. The best bowler for MV the was the 1st change polinidis who had an exceptional spell on day 2 taking 3 wickets.

The 15yo opening bowler (Wright) is going to definitely be something in the future, the kid is 6ft 6inches and can generate quite a bit of pace for his age. Suprisingly didnt bowl on the 2nd day but you dont want to wear the kid out so that was underatandable.

East Keilor have some very good players in their team as well so i dont think the Grand Final will be as one-sided as you think. We still have to do hold our catches, bat, bowl and field bloody well!!

Congrats to our 1st and 2nd XIs for winning their semi finals and good luck to them over the next 2 weekends at Crofts Reserve as well as our 5th XI one-day side who won their grand final in the Willy Comp :)

Congrats to West Coburg and St Francis in North B1 on making the Grand Final and both earning promotion to A1 next year. Finished 4th and 3rd respectively, both not buying players coming from the MMVCA and beating the clubs that did.

Congrats to the Grand Final teams in North B1, its a big step coming into a new competition. I wish both sides the best of luck over the next 2 weekends.

I was there justwatching. The Import for MV can generate quite a lot of pace, but didnt bowl as quick on the 2nd day as he was on the 1st, but our guys did take a lot on the body off him and we done bloody well to prevent him from getting even one wicket, our young opening batsman done bloody well even though he only made 12, ended up getting out in the 30th over but he copped a couple of hits in the helmet and on the body, but he done his job. The best bowler for MV the was the 1st change polinidis who had an exceptional spell on day 2 taking 3 wickets.

The 15yo opening bowler (Wright) is going to definitely be something in the future, the kid is 6ft 6inches and can generate quite a bit of pace for his age. Suprisingly didnt bowl on the 2nd day but you dont want to wear the kid out so that was underatandable.

East Keilor have some very good players in their team as well so i dont think the Grand Final will be as one-sided as you think. We still have to do hold our catches, bat, bowl and field bloody well!!

Congrats to our 1st and 2nd XIs for winning their semi finals and good luck to them over the next 2 weekends at Crofts Reserve as well as our 5th XI one-day side who won their grand final in the Willy Comp :)

What happened at the game you played against East Keilor during the year?? It looks one sided on the scorecard.

The St Albans v East Keilor game was fantastic to watch. After Montebello went out no St Albans batsmen was prepared to take it to East Keilor. Just goes to show that paid players, who lets face it are probably paid more than what they are worth, are generally not the answer.

St Albans sure have paid a lot of money to yet again stay in North A1!

The St Albans v East Keilor game was fantastic to watch. After Montebello went out no St Albans batsmen was prepared to take it to East Keilor. Just goes to show that paid players, who lets face it are probably paid more than what they are worth, are generally not the answer.

St Albans sure have paid a lot of money to yet again stay in North A1!

So what is the answer for St Albans? All they have is money. They will not get anyone decent to play there without paying over the odds. John Thrush would be sitting back with a big smile on his face right now.................

So what is the answer for St Albans? All they have is money. They will not get anyone decent to play there without paying over the odds. John Thrush would be sitting back with a big smile on his face right now.................

The answer is whoever does their recruiting needs to be replaced!!
Year in and year out its their batting that lets them down but they never do anything about it. Pizaro is finished as a player so there is money wasted. They recruited Harmon I don't know where from but he obviously wasn't the answer. They have Montebello who is nothing but a flat track Bullie!! The rest of them obviously are just no good.
Their bowling is very good with Clutton, Dunn and Nikolic but am hearing Clutton is moving to Bendigo so I don't know if they'll keep him.
It just shows that you can't buy a flag!!!
Surely the cheque book will be on fire in the off season!!!!

Back