Sheffield Shield Thread 2009/2010

Re: Ford Ranger Cup Thread 2009/2010

Sober Symonds;389963 said:
... Why do you have to make these statements prematurely, Eddie?:(

Against a sub-standard Qld team, our back-up XI has proven to be even more sub-standard. Whilst our 2nd-string bowlers have kept our noses in front throughout the season, the replacement batsmen have disappointed.

This is another argument for "giving the young talent a go" a-la Klinger, Peake, Dart, etc. Mash, after 27 games has done nothing and averages 25. If he's got anything to offer, he should have showed it by now. Hill on debut can't be criticised too heavily, but for a "batsman" to come in at No.7 & 8 respectively during the match, I would ask "WHY"?

Perhaps a few people are guilty of getting ahead of themselves!?!

Dunno, Hilly bats at 3 for Melbourne.

It was the Queensland bowling line up that was the problem with the Victorian batting line up :p

Seriously, though, it probably was. No need to jump up and down because Victoria lost one game, it was a miraculous effort in the end that won it.

The Queensland bowling line up is very good, but they are all inexperienced on the most part so consistency isn't a strong point yet.

Go the Redbacks! Simpson got scared looking at the weather forecast and has given SA a very gettable chase of 320 off 160 overs to win, a SA win would mean they can still knock QLD off 2nd spot :D
I would love a Vic v SA final

eddie's mob in a good position with the Sandgropers at 2 for 57 still needing 247 runs at stumps.

North's shithouse summer continues must be in serious doubt to go to NZ.

eddie's mob in a good position with the Sandgropers at 2 for 57 still needing a further 247 runs at stumps.

North's shithouse summer continues, he must be in serious doubt to go to NZ.

Another WA batting collapse, wish I could say it was a surprise.

Must have been Eddie's worst nightmare, Queensland rout South Australia, and the Australians get up with all wickets taken by players who have played for Queensland.

Cop that Eddie :D :D :D

Not a nightmare in any way, Victoria won and still on top of the Shield table and given the way Tassie got smashed by NSW, the final will be in Victoria :D

Feldman is definitely one to look out for. 8 wickets for the match at about 2.5 an over, plus scoring 34 with the bat at number 11 after saving the match last game.

Boris mate, the Queenslanders lead the way, all the Australian bowlers who took the wickets in the 2nd ODI v NZ have played for Queensland.

Just looked at Luke Feldman's profile. In his 6 SS games he averages 19 with the ball and a whopping 75 with the bat at 11. High score of 31, though, so the not outs obviously coming into play.

I don't think he will be batting there for too much longer.

I think it was the QLD captain who came out yesterday and admitted his bowlers cant take wickets outside of a GABBA greentop and doesnt think they have any chance in Melbourne, no suprise seeing as they got smashed by an innings last time they came to the Sporting Capital of the World

Back