Subbies 2011/12

Intersting to see how Caulfield respond after probably a below par batting performance against Noble. That being said, I do like the Noble Park arrack!

Malvern Last chance to go for 3 in a row
Elsternwick Only team I see challenging Caulfield in finals
Mt Waverley Better than expected without Bartlett
Croydon Sorry SuperSaint!
Caulfield
Brighton game of the round with winner remaining in contention
Box Hill Blakes starting to fire

Interesting scores in SE group. Minor hiccups from the top 2 teams would lift the spirits of the other finals contenders. To tip 7 from 7 again halfway thru a game:-
Malvern to get the 80 runs left with a few wickets in hand to open up the fight for 2nd
Elsternwick easy - though not sure I see them as the only chance to topple Caulfield. who have they beaten to date?
Mt Wav - too few runs for Ormond to defend. Mt Wav continue to perform consistently w/o Bartlett. Interesting!
Kingston - Croydon struggling big time - not sure what has happened to the blokes making runs before Xmas. Didnt they fall away at the same time last year?
Will say Caulfield with NP lineup missing Edmonds. 190 might be a stretch on a hot day for them.
Going to go with Bayswater. Got no idea why.
Box Hill - Dunlop, the new skipper down at Box Hill, continues to make scores. Who is he? Too many for Moorabbin.

Interesting scores in SE group. Minor hiccups from the top 2 teams would lift the spirits of the other finals contenders. To tip 7 from 7 again halfway thru a game:-
Malvern to get the 80 runs left with a few wickets in hand to open up the fight for 2nd
Elsternwick easy - though not sure I see them as the only chance to topple Caulfield. who have they beaten to date?
Mt Wav - too few runs for Ormond to defend. Mt Wav continue to perform consistently w/o Bartlett. Interesting!
Kingston - Croydon struggling big time - not sure what has happened to the blokes making runs before Xmas. Didnt they fall away at the same time last year?
Will say Caulfield with NP lineup missing Edmonds. 190 might be a stretch on a hot day for them.
Box Hill - Dunlop, the new skipper down at Box Hill, continues to make scores. Who is he? Too many for Moorabbin.

Agree with above. Malvern hitting straps at the right time.
Everyone talking up Elsternwicks batters. Good on paper but yet to really fire. Except Scholtz.
Box hill have 3 of top 6 run makers in comp. Flying below the radar. Who is Dunlop?
Caulfield should. But will they?
Oakleigh well placed even though they may falter this week. Will be right there at the finish. Travaglia leading the way as per normal.
Rest making up the numbers.

dear 12345 I do like reading the game reviews here,most including yours are very informative and make for good reading but in your last post where you say Sunshine is a Rabble I find it very offensive to S.C.C ,ITS PLAYERS,MEMBERS AND COMMITTEE ,SCC Try very hard to field a competitive side each week and with a stroke of luck we could have 5 wins for the season losing 3 very close games I don`t call that Rabble also Sunshine are not a club flushed with cash to buy players being located in the West as we are there is not lot of juniors wanting to play the game soccer and football being the dominate codes and choice of our ethnic environment to work hard every week in and out of season to maintain this proud club steeped in tradition and then be called rabble is very insulting to all concerned with our great club may I suggest a retraction and apology from you would be the Aussie way to go.
thank you for taking the time to read my rant and wait in anticipation for your retraction
kind regards
David Reid
ps any players of any age or ability looking for a new home for next season please make contact

David,
I apologise for my earlier statement, I should not have labelled your club without being sufficiently informed. I understand that it is not easy to run a club and different clubs around the competition have different issues and contraints. And although Sunshine have struggled on-field for a number of years (as far as I'm aware), on-field is all I know and the club can't be labelled purely due to their on-field success, so I apologise.

However David, we are on a website designed to discuss the competition and voice opinions and thats exactly what you'll get, not every comment is made with thorough consideration or thought, as mine probably wasn't. You need to read these comments with a grain of salt. Just about every club has come under scrutiny on this website and if everyone was offended by them, it wouldn't be a very popular website and no one would be very happy.

I'm sorry I offended you David, however you need to keep in mind the type of website this is.

The Box Hill CC is extremely happy to announce the appointment of Peter Dunlop as the new
Men's Coach for the next 2 seasons. Peter has experience as a Senior Coach in the FTG
Cricket Association with the Johnston Park Club and has played for both Hawthorn and
Fitzroy/Doncaster in Premier Cricket. Peter also brings Tim Reid as his Assistant Coach. Tim
also has senior coaching experience with Park Orchards CC.

David,
I apologise for my earlier statement, I should not have labelled your club without being sufficiently informed. I understand that it is not easy to run a club and different clubs around the competition have different issues and contraints. And although Sunshine have struggled on-field for a number of years (as far as I'm aware), on-field is all I know and the club can't be labelled purely due to their on-field success, so I apologise.

However David, we are on a website designed to discuss the competition and voice opinions and thats exactly what you'll get, not every comment is made with thorough consideration or thought, as mine probably wasn't. You need to read these comments with a grain of salt. Just about every club has come under scrutiny on this website and if everyone was offended by them, it wouldn't be a very popular website and no one would be very happy.

I'm sorry I offended you David, however you need to keep in mind the type of website this is.

i almost spewed when i read this........get fair dinkum.......

i have a question......why do high profile players(players that have played at a much higher standard than subbies) lose the plot so easily???......ive never seen it this bad in the 10 or so years ive been around subbies!!!.....umpires need to make a tougher stance imo......

i have a question......why do high profile players(players that have played at a much higher standard than subbies) lose the plot so easily???......ive never seen it this bad in the 10 or so years ive been around subbies!!!.....umpires need to make a tougher stance imo......
I think it is because the subbies umps let them get away with it. In Premier cricket they would be reported instantly. They have never been able to swear and play up so much in their lives, so they do. But interesting timing with this comment because there is a rumor that following the Oak Park episode and many other such episodes, that the executive have instructed the umpires to clamp down on ANY indiscrection. The term used I believe was "zero tolerence" to try to stamp it out. It will be interesting to see if there are enough umpires around with the balls to take a stance?

I think it is because the subbies umps let them get away with it. In Premier cricket they would be reported instantly. They have never been able to swear and play up so much in their lives, so they do. But interesting timing with this comment because there is a rumor that following the Oak Park episode and many other such episodes, that the executive have instructed the umpires to clamp down on ANY indiscrection. The term used I believe was "zero tolerence" to try to stamp it out. It will be interesting to see if there are enough umpires around with the balls to take a stance?
I don't think it's too bad, you just get a few dills out in the system. Hutchinson was a dill at Keilor. A source stated that he was abusing his own players on Saturday against Plenty Valley. Would have thought that was far from ideal!

I don't think it's too bad, you just get a few dills out in the system. Hutchinson was a dill at Keilor. A source stated that he was abusing his own players on Saturday against Plenty Valley. Would have thought that was far from ideal!

If my parents named me Jody, I reckon I'd be a 'dill' as well!

i just think its dissapointing for the younger players playing in the 1st 11's......i also heard that another captian was told to pull his head in by umpires in a last round match......

we all want to play tough hard cricket 11 on 11 or 1 on 1 what ever the case maybe but to see umps get taken for granted time and time again in the same game it makes you wonder why there arnt enough going around.......

time will tell.....

cheers

David,

12345 Thank you for the apology,maybe you chose the wrong word(rabble)easybeats,cellar dwellers etc would have been more acceptable tho harsh we would except that. just an other thing you wrote Grenville the only danger:although he has played a couple of cameo games our captain Troy Stone AND young 15 year old Joseph Blake(remember the name)are playing better cricket than Grenville at this stage.also 12345 I do know how to take comments with a grain of salt and can dish out as much as is given .thank you again and I look forward to reading your game reviews for the rest of the season
cheers||

weapons05/06 you comments i almost spewed when i read this get over it:guess you would have been on about your 15th "froffy"
when you wrote it maybe thats why you almost spewed,Brownie everyone knows you have been a crow bagger for years get real mate ;jump on the band wagon we are coming

12345 Thank you for the apology,maybe you chose the wrong word(rabble)easybeats,cellar dwellers etc would have been more acceptable tho harsh we would except that. just an other thing you wrote Grenville the only danger:although he has played a couple of cameo games our captain Troy Stone AND young 15 year old Joseph Blake(remember the name)are playing better cricket than Grenville at this stage.also 12345 I do know how to take comments with a grain of salt and can dish out as much as is given .thank you again and I look forward to reading your game reviews for the rest of the season
cheers||

I think you could throw the name of Adam Korsak into the names to remember catagory.......

weapons05/06 you comments i almost spewed when i read this get over it:guess you would have been on about your 15th "froffy"
when you wrote it maybe thats why you almost spewed,Brownie everyone knows you have been a crow bagger for years get real mate ;jump on the band wagon we are coming

please......appologies on here are rare as nuns having a tam boot!!!!

plus i dont call it bagging......i love ruffling a few feathers.....cha ching!!!

cheers......

I think you could throw the name of Adam Korsak into the names to remember catagory.......

I saw this kid play for the Western Spirit, looks a real good player. What are some other names we can look forward to seeing in the near future around the traps? From Willy I'll throw Will Morrison's name up there! A kid called Dawson from Ivanhoe looks to be a real player also, bats 3 in the 2's and got 86 on the weekend and is only 14.

i was playing......we had a talk about it after the game as 1 of the proudest clubs it was left in the changerooms and nothing is to be said from a willy point of view......

let the comp sort it out enough said!!!

Ruffle a few bloody feathers and elaborate then weapons, you clown

Back