Subbies 2011/12

Yeah maybe ive jumped the gun with bottom 3 but there needs to be a few other contributors, early days though so there is plenty of time for improvement. Caulfields bowling a touch weaker this year?
Yes, we need a couple more to make runs. Probably one short, but gives others the opportunity.

Caulfield will certainly miss King. Melton's bowling is stronger, Caulfield's batting probably stronger, so will be a great match up this week!

Looking for a comment on the North/East? Ok, Oakleigh killing it (as per usual), Kew and Plenty Valley real surprises with their poor starts, and a real mixed bag with the rest. End Hills start just as surprising as Ormond and Werribee in the South/West. Expect more from Coburg, especially if Elliott joining them.

Whispers are that Caulfield has just picked up a 6 foot 6 Kiwi that has played First Class cricket over there and supposedly he will be debuting this week against Melton.

Whispers are that Caulfield has just picked up a 6 foot 6 Kiwi that has played First Class cricket over there and supposedly he will be debuting this week against Melton.

Amandeep Singh, last first class game in 2007. Going by his BIO he is medium-fast so maybe 130km in his prime 5 years ago.

Full name Amandeep Singh
Born August 17, 1987, Punjab, India
Current age 25 years 84 days
Major teams Canterbury, Northern Districts
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium

Amandeep Singh, last first class game in 2007. Going by his BIO he is medium-fast so maybe 130km in his prime 5 years ago.

Full name Amandeep Singh
Born August 17, 1987, Punjab, India
Current age 25 years 84 days
Major teams Canterbury, Northern Districts
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium
Interesting, did he just walk off the street?

Hammerhead, a bit harsh, if 25 is 5 years past your prime, some of us are 20 years past it!

Interesting, did he just walk off the street?

Hammerhead, a bit harsh, if 25 is 5 years past your prime, some of us are 20 years past it!

Sorry Super dont know much more information about his arrival.

I didn't meant to come across as harsh, I was commenting on the fact that he played first class cricket 5 years ago at 20 and then from my quick investigation he seemed to have not done much since then (maybe had an injury, dunno). Hope that clarifies I don't think 25yo's are past their prime.

Sorry Super dont know much more information about his arrival.

I didn't meant to come across as harsh, I was commenting on the fact that he played first class cricket 5 years ago at 20 and then from my quick investigation he seemed to have not done much since then (maybe had an injury, dunno). Hope that clarifies I don't think 25yo's are past their prime.

Mate, all a good laugh!

My tips for this week:
Caulfield v Melton: What a match up! Melton missing both Allen brothers not ideal. However, on the back of Harwood, will back Melton in an upset.
Moorabbin v Sunshine: Moorabbin fantastic last week, will keep the forward momentum
Kingston v Ormond: Monders have had a ripping start and should be favourites, however, believe we can get done at home
Werribee v Elsternwick: Has to be Werribee on form
Roxburge Park v Williamstown: Combine have been good, however, Inness not restricted and expect him to go well, Willy for me
Brighton v Altona: Both defeated last week, Brighton only because its at home
Malvern v Yarraville: Malvern looking a shadow of their former selves, Yarraville to win.

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

good game i witnessed today......undermaned willy knocked off werribee in a cracker......

great to see young blokes stand up when the heat is on and the tradition of the willy passion still alive and kicking.....nothing better........

ywl.....i know werribee are a good side especially with their batting though the bowling depth has a bit of a question mark imo......thoughts?

weapo#itchyfeet

good game i witnessed today......undermaned willy knocked off werribee in a cracker......

great to see young blokes stand up when the heat is on and the tradition of the willy passion still alive and kicking.....nothing better........

ywl.....i know werribee are a good side especially with their batting though the bowling depth has a bit of a question mark imo......thoughts?

weapo#itchyfeet

Yeah great win for the club. In regards to Werribee I think the two dayer's suit them a lot more than the T20 format. There three best bats in the Dean boys and O'Brien aren't hitters and are not suited. Their batting is definitely there strength though you're right. When Thompson struggles I think they will struggle with the ball which is what happened on Sunday. Two of their younger bowlers in Purton and Burton didn't bowl on Sunday which was a little surprising.

What about Alex Hewet continuing on his form over the weekend with 77 and 8/80 against Malvern followed up by a 60 and 2/26 in the T20. He will have nearly polled 3 votes in each of the 5 games so far. Bookmakers have him at $1.10 already for the Hatch medal.

Busy weekend with a hit and giggle game for points thrown in,the Sth/West group looking more competitive than Nth/East with Oakleigh unbeaten although they only fell in against the bottom side in T20.
Caulfield still unbeaten after a convincing win against powerhouse Melton without the Allens.
Ormond still 3rd,Willy ominously up to 4th,Malvern finally on the board,while Kingston Saints continue to struggle and Sunshine occupy their usual spot.
Brighton,Yarra,Werribee all on the improve.
Hewat still dominating and I agree With YWL,would be leading Hatch medal right now,Sheedy putting some big scores together although I notice on twitter he may have a hammy?
Games this week;
Kingston v Willy-visitors should win even if Sheedy out?
Caulfield-Elst-never tip against Caulfield,Damiano on fire,they'll win again.
Sunshine v Ormond-would have been a toss up over the last few years,not so now with Ormond on the rise,the Crows must be a worry for the powers that be.
Melton v Moorabbin[Sri Lanka]-home side will be seething after rolling over against Caulfield and they'll win,Pradeep making his 11th ton will keep them honest though.
Werribee v Yarra-gee ,probably the match of the day,going with the Tigers superior batting to get the points.
RPB v Altona-no idea,maybe Altona at home.
Malvern v Brighton-visitors with all their recruits firing should get the points,
Cant wait till Saturday with some warm weather at last

Busy weekend with a hit and giggle game for points thrown in,the Sth/West group looking more competitive than Nth/East with Oakleigh unbeaten although they only fell in against the bottom side in T20.
Caulfield still unbeaten after a convincing win against powerhouse Melton without the Allens.
Ormond still 3rd,Willy ominously up to 4th,Malvern finally on the board,while Kingston Saints continue to struggle and Sunshine occupy their usual spot.
Brighton,Yarra,Werribee all on the improve.
Hewat still dominating and I agree With YWL,would be leading Hatch medal right now,Sheedy putting some big scores together although I notice on twitter he may have a hammy?
Games this week;
Kingston v Willy-visitors should win even if Sheedy out?
Caulfield-Elst-never tip against Caulfield,Damiano on fire,they'll win again.
Sunshine v Ormond-would have been a toss up over the last few years,not so now with Ormond on the rise,the Crows must be a worry for the powers that be.
Melton v Moorabbin[Sri Lanka]-home side will be seething after rolling over against Caulfield and they'll win,Pradeep making his 11th ton will keep them honest though.
Werribee v Yarra-gee ,probably the match of the day,going with the Tigers superior batting to get the points.
RPB v Altona-no idea,maybe Altona at home.
Malvern v Brighton-visitors with all their recruits firing should get the points,
Cant wait till Saturday with some warm weather at last
Been a soul searching week for the Saints which will continue tonight! Must stop the rot and start gaining some respect. My tips as follows:

Kingston v Willy: Saints get 2 bats back, Willy looking like MASH 4077;
Caulfield v Elsternwick: I take back what I said about Melton, Caulfield clear facourites after Saturday and will win comfortably;
Sunshine v Ormond: Monders going well and will win;
Melton v Moorabbin: Melton. 11 tons to Pradeep is an outstanding effort!
Werribee v Yarraville: Harrison must be due for a big one, go for the Eagles;
RPB v Altona: Wheels off the Altona wagon, pick the combine;
Malvern v Brighton: Brighton recruits clearly quality, Brighton.

Some interesting results Saturday. Caulfield keep on rolling on, with the New Zealander getting 4 on debut. I'd be interested for someone to tell me how he ended up at Caulfield without being paid.

Back